Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 500 V1 Dead Expansion Port 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkyle65

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2013
US
Hello All,

I have an IP500 V1 connected to 2 DS30 Expansion modules. The system is a mix of IP based phones and digital phones.

We have had the system for a number of years and it works fine however recently port 2 of the IP office expansion ports stopped working.

Everything else with the system works fine IP Phones, incoming calls etc. I moved the non working DS30 to Port 3 instead of port 2 and the unit came back online however now all the phones have different extensions. Is there some place in the IP office software that I need to tell the system which expansion port belongs to which expansion unit?

Thanks

Kyle

It will automatically create new extensions when a DS unit is plugged into a previously unused expansion port.

Just manually swap extensions over on extension tab and delete old ones as you go.

Calum M
ACSS

No simple move expansion setting I know of. Easiest just to move all the Base Extension numbers around and then reboot. Unless you've got things like forced login enabled, all the old users should move automatically. Then delete the old extensions, the unused new users and the old expansion unit entry.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks guys y'all saved the day. While its a little resource heavy to have to sort out I did this and it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back