Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ip office 500, forward calls after 3 rings voicemail after 5 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahrusca

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2013
CA
Hi All,
We had a avaya 400 and hired a company to upgrade to 500. Since then there have been many odd problems and changes. I'm not familiar with VOIP which is why we hired a company to do this.
The way a users phone previously worked was during office hours if they didnt pickup the call would be forwarded to reception. If it was after 5pm then their voicemail would kick in. In the manager i only see the option of forwarding all calls unconditionally.
any help is appreciated, thank you. Also if there is helpful documentation that someone could point me to, on working with the avaya 500 that I can read up on in my spare time it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

do you have vmail pro? if so you can do this all through time profiles call flows from voicemail pro, also can be done from the incoming call route as well, hope this helps

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm

Thanks, I checked out the voice mail pro and there war a profile setup for the person. The problem was the naming

... i had changed the name of the person in the ipmanager so the time profile no longer applied. Once I setup the proper name once again it applied and everything works as before. Thanks for helping me find this.

You better contact the company who did the upgrade.
I assume that they should fix it for you as they did not do there job properly.
I even think that they will be surprised if they find out you are asking this over here and not consult them for this.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

There were some big messups by them unrelated to this. Many phones weren't working and they 'forgot' to mention some important incompatibilities that resulted in a lot of problems.

So they are incompetent?
Then i suggest that you tell us where you are from and perhaps consult somebody from here to fix it.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back