Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 3rd Party TAPI/WAV Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

KALD

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
Greetings-

I've got an IP Office system and the CLI driver licenses installed. I'm trying to write a simple application that dials a phone extention and plays a tone, then records what the person says. I've got TAPI to open and dial on the Avaya IP Office line, however I'm having trouble getting the wav devices to open up and play or record. Does anyone out there know what wave formats/settings are supported by the Avaya WAVE drivers? I'm trying to do this in c. Anyone got sample code?

Thanks a ton!
- KalD

I'm a simple installation engineer, and not a developer. Maybe this info will help;

IP Office uses 16 bit, 8KHz, mono, PCM wav files for its internal Music On Hold and voicemail greetings messages.

As a developer maybe you could think about the following problem;
1. Phone Manager dials a number
2. This number goes to an Auto Attendant, ie BT sales
3. Phone Manager does not allow the user to press 1 or 2 on the PC screen.....

With the 3rd Party CLI Drivers you are able to dial a number without using the phone manager. It is through these drivers that I'm attempting to get the sound working.

Hi Kald,
Would you contact me off list at roj_sibue@yahoo.com
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back