Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP J169 and Alcatel OXO device

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZKc

Programmer
Aug 23, 2022
BR
When I'm on a call and someone else calls me, the call I was already on is automatically dropped. I already looked in the settings and didn't find anything, it happens on several J169 IP Phone devices...

I was told that I need to change a configuration on IP OFFICE, but I don't use IP OFFICE, but Alcatel OXO, does anyone know how to help me?

This phone is made in several versions.

One for Avaya systems and another for generic SIP systems. Check which one you have.

My version is SIP, so I can't change some functions, like being able to receive two calls simultaneously, the multi line.

Strange, an active call shouldnt be disconnected in any case.
Check SIP traces on the set or on the PBX.

In the trace it appears that the device gave the BYE, I already updated the firmware but it did not work, and as the device is SIP, there is no way to edit the multi-line configuration that it has... in the avaya forum itself they said that this is a IP Office configuration, but my device is SIP.

That means SIP set disconnects the call. Any setting in the set for second call handling?

SIP device does not have second call configuration, these configurations are only within the IP Office :)

Could it be that MLPP parameters configured on the phone?
As transfer is supported on 3PCC SIP FW in theory J169 should handle two calls at the same time.
So release of 1st call looks like MLPP feature.
So I would check:
- latest OpenSip FW fot that phone
- play with MLPP parameters in a file

I managed to solve it, the problem was in the sip domain, I just needed to put the IP, because I had put the port he would use, there was a conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back