Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Ip Agent error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwski

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I have users who get error "Another app is using sound device". No other device running. Unplug USB and 99% time restores but call is lost. Running IP agent using Plantronics DSP-300 on Dell P4 GX240. Some people it happens constantly others infrequently. I have even reinstalled system from scratch and 1 week late it does it again. Any one ever experience this? Thanks

You sure you have the right drivers? Also make sure in sound properties that wave device for modem isn't the preferred device. What soundcard is it?
This is a Windows issue - you should also try this in the Windows 2000 or XP forums on this site.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Thanks for your response. These are USB devices the drivers came with headsets. I have rebuilt systems from scratch and still get these errors. I will check out windows forums though. I was hoping someone out there was getting these errors and not just me in the universe.

The soundcard drivers wouls be the one causing the problem. The IP agent software is probably trying to map through the wav device of the soundcard but can't.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back