Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP 500v2 internal dialing not working for new system. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyIT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2017
US
Hey Everyone.

I have a new IP 500v2 system that I am trying to test internal calling on. It is not connected to the pri as we have it at a location that doesn't have one. It is going to be deployed to an office with one. I was trying to make sure internal dialing was going to work. We use our MPLS network for internal dialing and have H323 lines setup for each locations subnet. I can ping each location fine. I have the H323 lines setup in the system at 3 locations and am trying to test. When I dial the 4 digit extension I'm getting a call rejected disc message from one system. I've set the short code correctly to point to the right line id. In the monitor it shows it connected to the line group id, but then farther down it says call rejected. If I try and make an internal call from the new system, I get a unobtainable disc error on the phone. Any ideas on what I might be missing would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It is not internal dialling but inter-site dialling which doesn't work.
"unobtainable disc" means the number does not exsits on the remote location so the call is rejected.
I assume you have setup the H.323 trunks between the sites with or without SCN activated, I also assume all sites have a "Voice networking" license and all sites have VCM resources and you have proper IP routing programming and I assume that your shortcodes (not needed in case of SCN activated) are setup properly and I assume you dial a number that is a working phone at the other end.
If all that is done correctly then what can go wrong?

Correctly linked system learn extns automatically, no need for shortcodes (but with them it still works), yours aren't linked correctly it seems, that's the issue. Have you done it before? :)

As stated you should not need shortcodes to dial another system's extensions across SCN. Go to groups. If you have a SCN setup it should show the IP for the groups and it would populate the groups from other sites (if they advertise). If you add users it would show the extensions of all sites. I suspect (as everyone else does) you do not have a good link and is the issue. What you need:

Connection between sites
IP route to local device establishing connection
VCM channels
Voice channel licenses(on BOTH sides)
IP office line (only h323 if its older release) with the "gateway" in the line being the control unit on the other side

SCNs are surprisingly easy to setup.

SCNs are surprisingly easy to setup.

Providing the Data network is correct, if SCN does not work then it is ALWAYS a problem with the Data network

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Turns out there was no scn licensing on the system [banghead]

Thanks for all the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back