Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Hospitality Setup and Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBeaver

Programmer
Mar 7, 2004
Hello Avaya Wizards,

I have inherited an aging Definity Guestworks Switch and Audix Voicemail system setup in a hospitality environment. I do not have much of a phone system background. I have been able to attach a laptop to the serial console port on the switch and log in as the craft user.

Problem: from time to time guests are not 'checked-in' via the interface with the Property Management System. The 302D phone attendant console does not respond with its programmed check-in/out keys either. I noticed a guest voicemail box management interface on the Audix voicemail system. Is there a backend/command-line interface to this functionality? Where do I run it at? PBX or Voicemail?

Problem: guest phones are stuck in a 'do not disturb' or 'message waiting' state sometimes. How do I clear this?

TIA for the hand holding

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back