Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya G450 Modules not coming up by default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini9881

Technical User
Jun 15, 2020
US
I acquired a G450 Switch with MM716 MM717 and MM711 modules in it with an S8300 Module.
I am trying to perform basic testing on the modules to see if they are functioning properly but I get no tone out of them. I reset the switch with the jumper connector and log into unit and see all of the modules in the show settings. Do they come up by default or is there programming that must be performed?
Please advise and thanks in advance for any help!

This question should be put in the Avaya CM forum. Anyhow, there has to be programming in the 8300 processor to give dial tone from those modules.

ok thx but what if i take the S8300 Processor out? Should I repost this to the Avaya CM Fprumn?
thx

Taking the processor out won't help, the gateway and installed modules are controlled by the processor. There has to be some programming set up to allow for dialtone. The modules are pretty rock solid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back