Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya G450 Basic Module Config MM717 MM716 MM711 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini9881

Technical User
Jun 15, 2020
US
I acquired a G450 Switch with MM716 MM717 and MM711 modules in it with an S8300 Module.
I am trying to perform basic testing on the modules to see if they are functioning properly but I get no tone out of them. I reset the switch with the jumper connector and log into unit and see all of the modules in the show settings. Do they come up by default or is there programming that must be performed?
I just want to set it up as a basic PBX with or without S8300 and test station Ports and CO Ports on Modules.
Please advise and thanks in advance for any help!

You have to install CM template to S8300 then add G450 gateway and assign extension for analog/digital port from CM.

With CM SAT and translations, you can turn on tti/psa feature which will put dialtone on all station ports and allow programming from the phone to associate stations to ports.

Code:
display system-parameters features                              Page   3 of  19
                    FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
TTI/PSA PARAMETERS

WARNING!  SEE USER DOCUMENTATION BEFORE CHANGING TTI STATE

Terminal Translation Initialization (TTI) Enabled? y
                TTI State: voice        TTI Security Code: 1234
Code:
status tti
                                 TTI STATUS

TTI Background Task State: completed - all ports translated
                               TTI State: voice

# of Boards Completed: 12

# of Boards Left to Process: 0

Percent Complete: 100

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks for your responses but I cannot download the CM software as a user.
thx

So, you are not really Houdini?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

A G450 needs a Communication Manager to control it.

What kind of S8300 do you have? A/B/C/D/E?

There's an absolute basic mode called Standard Local Survivability where the G450 is the call controller, but it's very basic and programmed through the gateway CLI which would satisfy your requirement.

SLS will not work with out 1st registering the gateway to CM. so you have to have CM loaded and register a gateway to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back