Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya forwarding to old forward number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielson01

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2023
GB
Hi,

I have an issue which is driving me nuts.

Basically one of our extensions when dialled externally it forwarding to a number that it used to, but not setup currently too.

eg,
Mr X left our firm a few months ago and had extension 223, it was set to forward to his mobile 07123 000000 when busy/no answer
Miss G took over his extension, and is set to forward to her mobile 07123 001001 when busy/no answer etc.

Now if you ring Miss G direct dial externally it is forwaridng to Mr X's mobile still, we get the VM of Vodafone (ie cellular carrier).
Internally it works though.

However in all the settings for Miss G / 223 there is no mention of 07123 00000 (Mr X's number anywhere).

I've deleted and recreated, the extension, user and incoming call route. Its like its picking it up from somewhere but I have run out of places to look.

We have IP office 11.0.4.3.0 build 3 , 9680 handsets. Thanks, Dan

If you watch the call in the System Status does it actually call out or is it dropping the call and the forwarding is on the provider side?

Also what kind of lines do you use, BRI, PRI, SIP or analog

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Look at the incoming call route for that DDI number..
Maybe it’s not set to ring the user but set to ring mobile number directly.

Does the DDI number actually reach the user first.

As stated look at SSA to se what happens when the call comes in..

right deleted and recreated the incoming call route.. and it works fine now.. However did this the other day and it stopped working again. Will keep an eye on it! Thanks for your input so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back