Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Flare for iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aribeiro73

Vendor
Nov 3, 2011
PT
Hi,

I'm trying Avaya Flare for iPad and having this problem:

When using a external address to access the aplication,can't register the user. When it's changed to the internal network, it runs without any problem.

In my router i've this ports open:
To IP Office Address:
- TCP 5060
- UDP 49152 ~ 53246
To One-X Address:
- TCP 8069
- TCP 5222
- TCP 5269
- TCP 8080

Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you use a FQDN?
Is STUN enabled?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

No, STUN is not enable, and i'm using a no-ip address.

One-X prefered edition is working with this settings (just forgot to tell that por 8444 is also enable to one-x server), not with the iPad device but with a android device.

Flare connects to the IPO and not the 1XP server it also needs VPN over Wifi/3G to make it work.
I would not recommend 3G, quality is very poor.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Have not had the pleasure of playing with the Flare yet except internally, does anyone have a port list and forwarding to IPO or one-x portal server?
If not then I might have to take the time and play with it soon. Don't want to play with it when the first customer asks to have it working, LOL.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I would do the following:
set up a wifi access point,connect it to a managable switch and monitor all traffic of the access point with wireshark
connect the iPad Flare using this wireless access point and see what ports are actually used and what kind of data is send.
many times on a router all necessery ports are open but then there is a content firewall inbetween messing up things, often the it guy says, oops forgot that one....

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back