Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Facility Restriction Levels (FRLs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FKTech

Technical User
Jun 25, 2013
US
I had a station call with an FRL of 4 process outbound over our local route. The call processed out the first trunk group 43(ISDN) preference 1 with an FRL of 7. TG 2(COs) with an FRL 7 is preference 2. TG 48(IP) with an FRL of 2 is preference 3. I understand routing that calls work down the route preference list on the first available and authorzed trunk, so I anticipated the call to process out pref 3 with the lower FRL of 2. Given the comments below is this possible? Does the COS have the ability to overide the FRL rules? When I swapped the TGs around to put TG 48/FRL 2 into pref 1 the call processed out TG 48.

Joe

4merAvaya (TechnicalUser)

26 Nov 04 18:49

FRL = Facility Restriction Level. There is no table associated with the feature. The FRLs work on a sliding scale: 0 is the most restricted, 7 is the least restricted. The FRL is assigned to a COR (Class of Restriction) and Route Patterns. In order to use the trunk groups identified in the Route Pattern the station FRL has to be equal to or greater than the FRL assigned to the trunk groups within a pattern. For example, you might assign FRL 0 to Route Patterns that are used for toll-free calls and 911 service. You would probably use FRL 7 for stations that you want to be able to make international calls. Since ther are only 8 FRLs you have to give some thought to your dialing requirements up front.

Kevin

FRL's only appear in the COR and route pattern, so you are correct in saying that the call from the station with an FRL of 4 should only be able to route out over a route preference with an FRL of 0,1,2,3 or 4.Not sure what happened in your case, did you try tracing the call to see what was going on?

Yes. I was able to gather the above data from a trace. Just wondering if the COS overides the FRL rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back