Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Equinox controlling handset 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmacdonald78

Programmer
May 4, 2012
GB
As i am lead to believe with the release of service pack 2 on release 11 Equinox can now control certain IP handsets. Has anyone got this working yet? I hoped it would just be the case of selecting the handset at the bottom of Equinox at the "manage audio and video devises" but no joy.

Anyone had any joy with this?

Also needs Equinox 3.5.5.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

We have several customers using equinox but you need SP4 to get it going.
SP4 is pretty unreliable, using web manager on IP500 is a nightmare, don't even consider to use it.
If you have no H.323 ip phones then create one without a Avaya IP endpoint license otherwise the gatekeeper will be disabled.
AND you need SIP extension also without a licences otherwise the SIP registrar gets disabled.
Well done Avaya, it seems the only test they do is on Server edition.
We only use port 411 with a certificate when deploying Equinox as a remote softphone.
This can only be done using SP4.
How to setup:
Enable "Use Preferred Phone Ports" to enable the use of port 411
Enable the Gatekeeper, SIP registrar and "Layer 4 Protocol" TLS>
Fill in the WAN ipaddress in system > LANx > "Network Topology" > "Public IP Addrss"
Fill in System > DNS data
Enable System > VoIP > VoIP > "Direct Media Within NAT location" if Voip audio fails
Set System > VoIP > VoIP Security to "Preferred".
Assign the appropriate users a "Power User" License and enable "Enable Desktop/Tablet Voip Client" and "Enable Mobile VoIP Client" only

Get a DNS A-record like voip.customerdomain.com assigned to the customers WAN IP Address
On the local DNS server voip.customerdomain.com must point to the local IP Office IP Address.
On the firewall forward TCP port 411 and 5061 to IP Office and forward UDP 46750 upto 50750 towards the IP Office.

On a PC install the certificate first then install Equinox with the command line
"Avaya Equinox Setup.msi" AUTOCONFIG=" NOQOS=0
Read all about the install parameters here : The Android and iOS clients can be found in their respective app store.

To my opinion using a phone number for login credentials is very weak so use a real strong password!

Using the IP Office build in self signed certificate is a rsik on itself, any idiot can download the cerificate throug and install it on the device.
So i strongly advise to use a company certificate but not a wildcart certificate.

One hack can cost you big money in a single weekend!

It is almost a FAQ!

Forgive me the typing errors, i am a better engineers as a story writer....

Yeah, that post is definitely worth a star. And a quick copy and paste to FAQ.

Thanks for the clarification on the Preferred Phone Ports. They crept in at some point with no real explanation. Much better than using 80/443.

ACSS (SME)

I still haven't had this working in that I can't control a handset (internal only) Im using service pack 2 and Equinox 3.5.5. Thus far Avaya have been of little help so no change there. I will ask the question again as the great reply from intrigrant went a bit of piste.

At this point im not concerned with anything other than controlling a compatible H323 handset which I still haven't done. Everything else is fine.

Got this working in the end, the certificate on out test system was kaput, quick re-gen and bob's your uncle. Ironically on our first Equinox site install it just worked first time no issues.

One thing to note is I have had issues with the IPO contacts not being read by Equinox when using port 411 (ie preferred ports ticked), unticked and moved to 443 and contacts just started working.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back