Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya DTMF & Audio Dropout Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tthunder

Systems Engineer
Jun 13, 2023
US
Hi Everyone,
Our Avaya system has been having DTMF & audio dropout issues. When calling a # that uses DTMF (let's use credit card activation & Verizon as an example), the keys that are inputted are not always recognized or the wrong key input is read back or the audio drops out during read back. Also when entering a #, the system we're calling may interrupt saying "I'm sorry, I don't recognize the account #". Also there is a delay after pressing a menu key (ex. "Press 1 for English) where the menu options keeps going another second or 2 before moving onto the next menu selection. We have tried inputting at different speeds, but that makes no difference. All of this works without issue using my work from home phone, but on site, it's an issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Are these calls going out over a SIP trunk? I had this exact issue a few months ago and it turned out to be a setting on our Avaya SBC. DTMF was set to Inband, we changed it to None and everything works fine now.

DTMF_Settings_xytj2s.jpg

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is going over a SIP trunk. Where do I go in the SBC to make that change? I believe I found where to go and it's already set to None.

Thanks

That's the setting that I changed. I would reach out to your carrier and discuss with them (if you haven't already). My carrier was able to trace the call to see what we were sending and get us looking in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back