Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA DMCC 6.1 with NPX Transferred Calls Not Recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2010
US
Well, on to the next problem.

It seems that calls that are transferred from an agent (A1) to another agent(A2)stops being recorded when the 2nd agent has the call and A1 hangs up. Also calls made between two agents are not being recorded.

The logger shows nothing wrong and the channel mapping seems fine as far as I can tell. I have plenty of Virtuals available so I am confused on why this is not working.

A1 Receives call (recorded) ----> Calls A2 ----> A2 picks up (not recorded?) ----> A2 Accepts call transfer (not recorded?) ---> A1 Hangs up.

The nice avaya sheet shows that transfers and blind transfers should work. Note that A2 can be recorded if they initiate a call when an agent logs in.

A free virtual beer fo anyone that can help! [cheers]

hi. i would up reporting level and check for call events in connection manager/driver etc for the calls. are all the devices monitored and registered, the observer logs also check them. if the IDD states it has been tested and works I would first of all check the logs the the initiate call event transfer call event etc

Well. An interesting tidbit on how the Avaya DMCC provisions a call. It seems that once a call has been given to a terminal the resource becomes "locked' on it. Only the terminal that received the call can be recorded. I was not able to repeat the "transfer not recording problem" myself.

Agent to Agent
A1 (received call and recorded) -----> A1 to A2 (Only A1 gets to be recorded)

Transfer also works for Conference
A1 (received call and recorded) -----> A1 to A2 (Only A1 gets to be recorded ---> A1 transfers call to A2 and A2 picks up (A1 recorded) ---> A1 completes transfer of call to A2 (A2 is now recorded and A1 is dropped.)

Blind Transfer
A1 (received call and recorded) -----> A1 begins blind transfer to A2 (Only A1 gets to be recorded ---> A1 completes transfer of call to A2 (A2 is now recorded and A1 is dropped.)

As always thanks for your willingness to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back