Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Digital Ports Go Out of Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

shecar

Programmer
Jul 28, 2014
US
We have Avaya digital ports that will disable or go out of service when they have not been used in a certain (undetermined) amount of time. You can plug a phone in to merge, but have power and no dial tone… if you know the port you can bounce it,,, assign it to the phone in programming and it will activate… If you don’t know the port, you literally have to tone out the port to find it… and then bounce it… this seemed to start happening after an upgrade we had, so I feel like it may be something in the nightly routines or ?? that can be turned on or off based on customer need? I am familiar with this feature on Nortel systems, but not Avaya… can this be turned off, and if so where? Thanks for any help any one may have!

I would be posting this to the proper forum if I were you. Also be a bit more descriptive of what system you have. Avaya is a pretty wide term. I am assuming a Definity.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back