Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Devinity Forwarded Line - Can't unforward 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdiross

Technical User
Oct 23, 2006
US
Hi, I forwarded a line to another attendant after the latter had left the company. It was requested to forward, so that all calls are still answered in that persons absence.

A new hire is about to replace the aforementioned. It's been requested to remove the forwarding so that the new employee receives all calls on that line now.

I've removed the forwarding, (or so I thought) in GEDI. When I call externally, it rings 4 times and goes to vm. When you dial internally, it rings once and forwards to the the other person still.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

That sounds more like a problem with the coverage path than a forwarding issue. Look at the coverage path for that station and make sure both internal and external calls are set up the same way.

1. Do a "List Call-forwarding" to confirm the extension is still forwarded. My hunch is that you have send-calls activated.
2. Do a "Status station XXXX" to confirm if forwarding or send calls is active.
3. Remove the extension and recreate it as a last ditch effort.

Good luck.

Mike

Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?

Thanks guys for responding.

The COR definitely isn't it. Its the same COR the rest of the attendants have. I did a status station and it's definitely "CF" to the other set still.

How can I remove that?

display feature-access-codes
Page 1
Call forward activation/deactivation codes
Deactivate it from the phone.

Do you have a Call Forward button on that set? Is it lit? Can you extinguish it by pressing it?

Wait a minute, I didn't think you could call forward an attendant console. How did you do that?

Mike

I'm not local. I'm across country from this facility. I have to do everything through "Avaya Site Administration". This is not an attendant console. It's a 6424D+, I can't do key functions. I have no access to the actual set.

Option 1: Call/email user to dial the code at the phone.
Option 2: display remote-access
Call the remote access, barrier code, CF Deactivation code, Extension number

Do a list trace on the station and confirm what's routing the call.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

You'll either have to do it with remote access like Textron68 said, or just remove the station and readminister it. Heck of a thing to get stuck with on a holiday weekend...

Mike

Yeh, this isn't my bowl of wax. I'm a voIP guy admining this switch as one of the last hangers on legacy systems.

I sent an email to the manager asking him to dial #2 on the set.

Wow, what a pain in the rump that was.

All fixed. I had the on-site manager disable with the key code on the phone.

Thanks everybody

Another solution would have been to add a call forward button to another set and where the call forwrd number is blank put the forwarded extension in there have the person at that phone push the button and that would have cancelled forwarding. Then remove the button. I too have many sites to cover and I find it is the quickest way to get it done.. Same for send calls by the way.

D
"When in doubt Mikee did it, when it goes right I did it

with an attendant console or a station with console permissions you can forward or cancel forwarding.

If you switch has list trace station, you can add a call-fwd button to the station and use list trace station to activate and de-activate the button

station 1000
button 2 = call-fwd

add 6 to button 2 = 8

Command: list trace station 1000/8
Command: status station 1000
call forward destination blank
change button 2 back to call-appr

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

For next time, you can unset and set buttons remotely. This is from a post I copied a while back. Sorry, I cannot credit the great tech that first posted it, don't remember the name.

List trace station ext#/button#+6, will operate a button remotely.

Disp station the phone and identify the number of the button. Add 6 to it. Then do the list trace.

Also, stat station will show if call forwarding is active.

The list trace is nice: I also find assigning an extension with softphone capabilities and console permissions helps with these types of issues. Don't know if that is an option but sure beats the pants off using remote access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back