Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Definity Prologix CMC IP Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXtac

Vendor
Sep 9, 2011
US
Is it possible to have a Definity Prologix CMC have an IP connection to the network that can be used for either IP telephones and/or Maintenance? If so, what would I need as far as hardware and is the process documented somewhere? Thanks.

The Prologix would need a minimum of Definity V9.5 software for IP connectivity for maintenance. You also need a TN799C or DP C-LAN board.

For IP telephony the software must be enabled and you will need a TN2302AP MedPro board plus the IP telephone sets (46xx).

Kevin

Thanks! I currently have a TN2402 V9 and states it is R9.5.1.122.4. So, all I need to the TN799C board then? Trying to just setup so we can run Maintenance/Administration over the LAN to the system instead of connecting via the Serial port. Any special setup or configuration issues I need to be aware of? Is setup documented in any of the manuals or application notes from Avaya?

I'm not having any luck finding the configuration guide. Below are the steps as I remember them:

Obtain a static IP address.
Install the C-LAN board LAN adapter on an available slot.
Connect the LAN cable to your IP network.
Install the TN799 C-LAN board in the slot with the LAN adapter.
The LAN port needs to be configured for 10 MB//Half-Duplex.
Do 'change node-names ip' and define a name and provide the IP address.
Do 'change ip-interfaces' and add and enable the C-LAN board including the subnet & the gateway.
Do 'change system maintenance' and on page 2 at the bottom in the SPE OPTIONAL BOARDS section put the slot of the C-LAN board in and enable both Packet Interfaces.
Do 'change ip-services' and create entries similar to those below:

IP SERVICES
Service Enabled Local Local Remote Remote
Type Node Port Node Port
SAT y ethernet 5000 any 0

Kevin

Doesn't 9.5 need the virtual data mod configured as well?

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back