Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Definity G3R, CM 2.2 - routing incoming calls to trunk or extension based on dial string

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnealtx

Technical User
Jul 26, 2013
US
As the subject stated:

Avaya Definity G3R running CM 2.2. We are transitioning to VoIP and have a tie trunk between the Avaya and VoIP stack. Avaya dialplan range is 3000-6999. VoIP DN pool is 0000-2999. Dialplan and UDP have the 1000 series set up as extensions as a test to attempt trunk/trunk routing. I am trying to have calls for VoIP numbers (x0000 - x2999) be routed from the inbound trunk from vendor (TG 3) to the VoIP tie trunk (TG 6). Trunks are *NOT* DID. The vendor provides 4 digits only, and I have a route pattern set up as test which would add the VoIP prefix to the dial string and route to the VoIP trunk, but all attempts to cross-route to the VoIP trunk so far have failed, getting the 'unknown number' error message.

We can currently receive digits from the incoming commercial telephone vendor and route to local Avaya numbers without issue.

I have tried ARS and AAR digit translation with no luck. Switch is on CM 2.2, so no discreet incoming call handling command is available and no incoming call handling on the trunk to the commercial telephone vendor is seen (ISDN trunk). Incoming call handling screen is present on the signaling channel page, but it appears to need specific extensions to work against (similar to DID), and I don't believe that it will allow me to input 3000 individual numbers.

Any fresh ideas would be greatly appreciated!

R012x.02.2.122.0 CM 2.2.2
Avaya Definity G3R does not support loads higher than MultiVantage R011.
CM 2.2 is only supported for g3si, g3csi, DefinityOne, and linux platforms.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

It was in the UDP after all. Had to set the range to "ARS" and was able to get a call through the Avaya and out to the VoIP stack.

I've got a couple more hurdles to get over, though - prior to all this, we had set up a number on the Avaya in the 1000 block for use as a 'dummy/transfer' number. I've got to clear that so that I can remove the extension range on the regular dialplan, then I can activate that range on the UDP as ARS. The last issue is with the 0000 block - the outside vendor doesn't seem to be transferring those to us - the call drops and I don't see it appear on the trace for the incoming trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back