Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Definity G3 T1 install going to IP PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyk1973

Vendor
Apr 21, 2016
US
Hello, lots of questions, sorry for my ignorance. Have an old Avaya Definity G3 that has existing t1/PRI connections. I need to add two new T1's for the purpose of connecting to an IP SIP PBX. I have a few issues/questions regarding the setup on the Avaya side.

1. What exact card part number do i need to get? TN767E or TN464GP or other?
2. Do I need an external CSU to go along with this? If so, suggestions on a model, Adtran maybe?
3. I have no spare slots in the cabinet, but I can get rid of existing 8 port digital station cards to make room (TN754B). Will I need to change any programming to allow the new T1 card to work, or simply hot swap plug and play? ***Besides actual setup of the T1 card, see question 5 :)
4. My wiring is all 25 pair off the back of the cabinet (not easily accessible, but I can easily get to the wiring field on 110 blocks). What is the pin out for whatever circuit card recommended in question 1? I assume just the first two pairs would be my 1/2 and 4/5?
5. What programming is needed to activate the t1 card (i'm clear on the actual t1 settings matching on both ends the Avaya and IP PBX) and to configure the dial plan to know that 1xxx and 2xxx are internal extensions to the avaya but 3xxx and 4xxx should be routed out the t1.
6. The SIP handsets obviously will be registered to the IP PBX, but they will still be DID's off of the AVAYA (already programmed and working off digital stations right now). Should I expect these to continue to work, do I delete the extensions from the Avaya, or do I have to leave them for voicemail purposes (audix). Or will leaving the extensions programmed in the Avaya confuse call routing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this. Also FYI, have no avaya login for any support sites. Any docs/downloads, I would love a 3rd party site or direct email. Thanks :)

Question 1: Depends on the Definity version: G3R systems require a TN464. Definity G3siV7 and later can use a TN767E or a TN464.
Question 2: You can use an Avaya 120A Integrated CSU.
Question 3: No programming changes required.
Question 4: The 120A ICSU plugs directly on the back of the cabinet in lieu of the 25 pair cable.
Question 5: Add the DS-1 board in translations. You have to match what the carrier is configured for (framing, signaling, etc.)
Question 6: Not sure what you're referring to.

Below is the link to the CM 5.2 Screen Reference manual. Though newer than Definity, many of the screens are the same:

support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100059378

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back