Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya DECT R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stag78

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
US
Anyone know of any gotcha's with R4 of the DECT.

I have two base stations I cannot connect to and two that I can but the username and password is not accepted.

The only gotcha's I know of is that R2 and R4 do not play nice together. I am still running R2 stuff so I cant really help you other than that.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I had both R2 and R4 running in parellel for 2 months with no issues. I have 20 basestations and have never had any issues logging into any of them. The two you can connect to I can only assume the password is incorrect ? The two that you can't see it might be worth getting your network guys to check out the switchports that they are connected to. Failing that take the BS off the wall check what sequence the lights are flashing and diagnose using the dect r4 install guide. I found in the early days that I had to use shielded cat 6 cable on a couple of base stations as ordinary cat 6 cable was running near to power lines. Things to check :

1. Is switchport ok ?
2. Is all cabling working fine ?
3. Are any lights flashing on BS ?
4. Does it have an IP address / configured properly?
5. Does the switch have Power over ethernet ?
6. Is the cat 5/6 cable running near any electrical cables ?
7. If you plug it in to another switchport does it work?
8. Is the cable run too long ( recommended 100m max )
9. Does BS need manual reset , hold pin into it for 20 seconds.

I have seen base stations that needed a factory default to begin with.
Try that first and then use IE to connect to with this:

(00-00-00 stands for the last 3 octets of the mac address for that base stations.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Guys I a few R2 base stations out but I will be going to R4 early next year. Anything you can post about them would be appreciated.

Mikey, We have been running R4 for a while now and I would really recommend it. Let me know if you need any info.

charnny

The more you can send the better brother. Not sure about you guys, but i make notes on what the installation guide don't give you. If you guys have your own versions of how to install these or problems you have ran into while doing them, please post them.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back