Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya DECT AIWS Server Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH Avaya

Systems Engineer
Aug 25, 2023
GB
I have just installed Avaya DECT on a CM 8.1 system and the handsets are working but I am unable to get the SMS messaging working Via the AIWS Server, I can see that the Master base station and AIWS are connected. The AIWS is running 4.9.0 SW and the Base Stations IPBS3 11.5.11 SW, When I try starting the Device Manager I just get a devman.php file pop up stating the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- JNLP File for Device Manager Application -->
<jnlp spec="6.0+" codebase=" <information>
<title>Device Manager</title>
<vendor>ASAB</vendor>
<description>Device Manager Application</description>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<update check="always" policy="always"/>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.6+" java-vm-args="-Xmx1024m"/>
<jar href="pm/pdm10710.jar"/>
<jar href="pm/datetimepicker10710.jar"/>
</resources>
<application-desc><argument>-serverAddress</argument><argument>10.22.5.201</argument><argument>-language</argument><argument>English</argument><argument>-session</argument><argument>e73dea0f690de909d896f37212a3aa0c</argument><argument>-username</argument><argument>admin</argument></application-desc></jnlp>

I have tried loading various versions of Java but still can't get the Device Manager to open, Has anyone had this before and know how to fix the issue?
Also when I go to Send Message I get the Message No Java Virtual Machine installed. History can not be displayed!

so what I found when I was buggering about with it was I added the site to the exceptions in Java config/security tab, then the php file that downloads I renamed it to devman.jnlp once you rename you can right click on it and launch

BTW once you have the devman.jnlp you can create a shortcut to it and just use it to access no need to visit the AIWS Web Page

also not that I think it makes too much difference I am on Java 8 build 371

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back