Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CS1000M PBX - Script to dump phone data (name, phone number, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael J.

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2018
US
We are replacing our antiquated Avaya system with Cisco IP phones. The vendor assisting us needs everyone's name, phone number and 5 or 6 other pieces of information on each person out of each of our PBXs. We have dozens. I found the commands (LD 20, PRT, etc.) to do it one at a time and then enter the result by hand into a spreadsheet. With nearly 3000 people this will take months.

Does anybody have or know where I can find an SSH script that will dump this information into a text file for me? I gotta believe somebody has been faced with the same problem and whipped out a utility to do the job. I'm a programmer myself but my Linux/SSH scripting is very rusty.

Can anyone help me out?

Just go to either somertel.com or ghtrout.net and download the conversion utility excel tool. There is a word doc guide that will do what you require.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back