Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Communicator help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tklamb

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2008
CA
I have just upgraded to CM 6.3 with System and Session Manager, soft-phone licenses, wifi connectivity to CM and I can't seem to find any good documentation on how to configure the Avaya Communicator app on my iPhone. What I have found seems very convoluted, can anyone break this down for me?

thanks

Identical to any SIP config, make sure you enable softphone for the ext, and on the iPhone, configure the SIP Domain, Session manager IP as your Call server/Outbound Proxy, etc,, try that

Thanks I currently have no sip phones... so I am new to that arena but I have a sip phone configured in SM. Anyway I have followed your instructions but get a message on the iphone that "VoIP Phone Service Unavailable"

Under the VoIP settings on the iphone I have the ext/pw, IP address of system manager/port 5065 (not sure if this is correct)/SIP Domain/no TLS but get that error when I try and login.

check what port you using on your sip entities, sysmanager, sm ta.

SIP ext should register to Session manager not System manager. Sysmanager is only for Admin and back-end routing.

Your Proxy/Outbound or registration server should point to the Session manager

ok well now I am getting "VoIP Login Error" incorrect ext or password

I have have made sure they are all correct, not sure where the error is... :(

getting closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back