Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Communicator getting error msg "Incorrect extension or password"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdennis76

ISP
Dec 10, 2012
US
I'm trying to use Avaya communicator for windows on a new IPO preferred edition 9.1.6. I've got TCP port 5060 enable on the LAN1 Voip tab. I've enabled office worker license for my users. All of the phone passwords are set to a 4 digit code. Is it the H323 phone password, the user password or the supervisor settings login that comes into play here.

I've only used Communicator on server editions and I thought I had to configure the XMPP domain domain name in one-x portal. Do one-x portal and Avaya Communicator have anything to do with each other?

Thanks,
Jason

Actually, I got it working. I had to put the IP Address in the domain field because the SIP registrar doesn't have the domain defined. At least that's what the configuration guide in maketing tools says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back