Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Communicator for Windows ver: 2.1.3.80 working from home cannot make conference calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2016
US
Trying to program my settings to allow for 3 way conference calling and nothing I seem to do will allow for it. I make the first call hit the drop down to dial new participant, see the keypad and dial the second number, hear a ring (screen says merging) then I get a pop up saying "the conference call could not be created" and the second call disconnects. I am able to make two independent calls but there is no way to merge them together. I checked the CM station page and the SMGR to see if i missed something in the setup but there is nothing there. I am in the office and watch my desk phone lights act accordingly first line goes on hold (and plays MOH) second line goes off hook, one ring and then it disconnects. what am I missing? under settings in the app there is a tab for CONFERENCE and is asks to identify a conference server address to host ad hoc conference. i have no idea what that might even be....any help with how my staff at home can use this version of softphone to make a three way call would be appreciated.

E

Difficult to read, but try giving some stations 3x call-appr buttons and try again.

Also use "list tr sta" to see what is/isn't happening for the conf call.

The Conference Server is for an external, dedicated conferencing bridge solution. You don't have to worry about it for your simple, on PBX conferencing.

It sounds like you are using Communicator to control your desk phone. Can you set it up in... What's the term... Road Warrior? that logs out your phone and uses the PC audio for everything? I doubt that will make a difference but you never know.

Are you using SIP or H.323 integration?

If H.323, check the registration of your desk phone and PC via "status station [ext]" when logged in to each. Perhaps your PC's IP Address isn't mapped correctly to an IP-Network-region. Often the data network (and remote VLANs) fall into the same region as the server instead of the region used for phones. That can cause some odd behavior.

If SIP, check the registration in SysMgr under Elements / Session Manager / Status / User Registration. Mostly you are interested in the IP Address so you can check that against the IP-network-Map in CM and confirm the IP Address is mapped correctly (Status station doesn't work for SIP endpoints).

Please confirm you can make conference calls on you DESK PHONE with two INTERNAL extensions.
Log in your 1xC with the same extension and try conferencing in the same two internal extensions.

As previously mentioned, use the "list trace station [ext]" command and look for any errors or failures. Assuming conferencing works on your phone, trace a successful conference and copy that to Notepad or other app. Then trace a call via 1xC and do a "stare-and-compare" to notice the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back