Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM3.X - h323 Trunk to Asterisk / Cisco / Other IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowwie438

Programmer
Aug 27, 2004
US
Howdy all! :)

It's been awhile since I have been on here... But I am trying to find out some info about avaya with respect to establishing an "ip trunk" to an IVR (asterisk server).

From my reading... This is pretty straight forward and I found the docs on how to setup Avaya -> Asterisk with respect ot h323 and configs.

However... I am hearing that the PBX may require a "card" in order to allow it to connect. :(

Am I understanding correctly that the Avaya PBX needs a seperate card for each IP address it provides an h323 ip trunk to? That just doesn't sound right. :(

From an IP perspective I would assume that a "circuit pack" is required to provide an ethernet connection to the avaya PBX... However once connected that ONE card should be able to communicate ethernet to several different endpoints.

I know that today our PBX provides virtual trunks to two other PBX's in another state... And I am curious what hardware is required to simply have avaya provide a virtual ip trunk to a local asterisk box.

Of course this is something I need an answer for like yesterday... So any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW.. I know I could connect my asterisk box to the avaya enablement services. However this would be the LONG route to a trunk. :( Do the 8500's or 8700's provide h323 connections?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question... but I am a CTI developer, not a PBX admin.

Thanks all! :) And best wishes to team and families.

==Zowwie

Can you be more specific on the hardware and the software release? what is your gateway G700, G450 etc or are you still on definity cabinets? what is your server S8300/S8500/S8700?
and what is the release.. A lot has changed in this area between realeases and gateways...
Avaya's do support H323 trunks, but in general require a license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back