Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM vs IP office 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

I have been supporting Avaya CM. Today I was requested to help out with an IP Office phone system... how different is it from CM? Is something I will be able to support havin experience with CM?

Thanks in advance!

I'm kind of in the same boat and to me its totally different dealing with IP Office versus CM.

They are totally different things. IP Office was not developed by Avaya. It is fairly intuitive although it does have its share of quirks. It seems to me like there is more documentation such as job aids and things like that for IPO than CM. If you can grasp CM, you will be able to pick up IP office pretty quickly.

I am mostly an IPO tech. I did definity a long time ago. everyone is correct they are different animals. I think if you have a good handle on the CM you will be ok to learn the IPO. There will be some learning curve but within the IPO manager application there is a great help file that will explain what ever you are working on.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

CM intuitive? Please tell me more about it! I actually run one IPO500. And also use Voicemail Pro (8 data ports only), IVR licensed, which allows me to establish Database connectivity to the autoattendant modules and I'm about to implement automation of the medical appointment, via TTS(Text to Speech). To collect recorded phone calls we're already running Contact Store.
Is it more intuitive to use CM? Some say its way too complicated, not intuitive ...

Would like to give my opinion

IPO and CM are both PBX machines

but:
IPO is oriented to Small business
CM is oriented to large business

IPO is a real all-in-one solution compared with CM
CM by itself drives calls very good because its all what it does

IPO OS is firmware (flash) based and its apps are windows based, its by the way intuitive and theres documentation and communities (like tep-tips) to share info

CM OS is linux based, and interface is command based, most of time you will have no icons, rather will have shortcodes for commands like cisco routers

IPO is not the core business of Avaya, so Business Partner are invited to have a good work with it

CM is the core business of Avaya since its the base of the Contact Centers deployments, Business Partners has a Part but Avaya has the best part.

last word...

you can grab an IPO to make tests on your lab
you cannot grab a CM to make tests! except your budget is gross

|| Thank you very much ||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back