Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM S8800 - Using Telnet to make changes to stations ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddog6601

Technical User
Jan 5, 2011
US
I was working with a Nortel CS1000 a few years back and I remember that I was able to Telnet from a PC on the network into the switch to make changes to a user station. For example I could telnet in and add / remove a line extension on a phone or change the name display things like that. I had to go in between LD'S ( LD 11, LD 95 ) to do different things but I could do basic admin changes from there. So this being said brings me to my question, can I do the same thing with Avaya CM S8800 ? I currently use ASA to make any changes but wa just wondering if I had this option as well ? Thanks in advance for any help on this. I do realize that telnet is not secure and I currently do have it disabled but I was more curious than anything on this.

You can use telnet to make changes, telnet into the server, login with username and password, then type sat, enter password, and then when it asks for terminal type enter W2KTT, and then you should see what you cam make changes with.

ddog6601 -- You should be using SSH, not telnet on any modern switch. Its typically off be default. Switch to SSH -- it's secure/encrypted and best practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back