Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM not outpulsing 2nd set of digits after pause ~p feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneK

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
Hello, we just installed Avaya 6.2 CM. We have an PRI T1 for inbound/outbound calling. We have some users that use a toll-free service that requires some additional digits to be entered after connecting. They would like the additional digits to be outpulsed automaticall through a speed-dial button. I was told that the CM will not outpulse additional digits (using the ~p function) over a PRI T1 but this would work over POTS lines. We have POTS lines installed and configured. I moved the toll-free number via the ARS into a new route pattern accessing those POTS lines. I list trace my station and can confirm that those calls are going over the POTS lines correctly. However, I am still not able to have the system outpulse the 10-digits after the ~p entry. In the past, I have been able to do this with Definity systems whether I had a PRI or not. Does anyone know what the configuration changes need to be in order for the CM to outpulse additional digits after connecting the call? We use 9408 digital phones on this sytem. Thanks!

Good suggestion but that also did not work. I even tried to manipulate the route pattern with insert digits/delete digits and got the entire number to outpulse but could not get the pause inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back