Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM 6.3 want to convert a 911 call to local ext only if my FRl in my cor is not high enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusky256

Vendor
Mar 16, 2016
US
Hello, looking for some help here, i am converting a nortel cs1k to avaya red CM 6.3 ... in the nortel you were able to convert a call using LTER in the rli to stay on switch and call the security dept. Trying to do the same in CM if my FRL is not high enough i want the call to go to a local extension in security instead of reorder tone. i have to be able to allow security to call 9911 so i have them at a FRL of 7 in their COR

I know of a system used by a corrections department that does the following:
Internal phones dialing 911 and 9911 go to the security hotline (7777)
When 911 needs to be called, they dial 12345 from the security phones. The 1234 extension then converts to ARS and set to call the real 911.

I don't know if your idea will work in Avaya CM or not though.

I suppose you could use partition routing, or possibly just have 2nd/3rd choices in your route pattern that use a back to back tie trunk back into your switch and to the security desk.

But yeah, AFAIK, you do your digit manipulation before you hit the route pattern and don't get further and unique digit conversions per FRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back