Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM 6.3 - 9611G phones running SIP - CM Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwoj

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
US
hi all -

I know this has been gone over before but I haven't seen many threads on phones that are SIP registered with AST and NOT getting the CM Feature set. Any ideas on what to look for to correct? I checked my Auth Domains on phone/Sig Grp. I show my SIP phone registered and do have the checkmark under AST in the Session Mngr...just not getting any CM buttons.

Many thanks!

Private numbering table in CM? If you do a traceSM, you can enable PPM in there to see what it's getting. Maybe your CM sync isn't done properly. Basically, SMGR pulls the CM config, passes it to the SM database, SM crunches it down and builds the information and passes it to the set - like your AAR/ARS tables and keys and stuff.

ah gotcha...that makes sense. So in the Pri-Numbering Table - what do I enter? My SIP user station and the SIP trunk it's using? Attached is how I have it configured (my CM and SIP station are 141-7099) and my SIP trunks between the ASM and CM are 991-993:

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=977faad7-c2c2-4e2d-bd0a-704d560ef09f&file=CM_Pri_Num.png
you'd enter something like "length 7, code 141, delete 0, insert nothing, total cpn length 7

got it...I entered 'length 7, code 1417099, delete 0, insert nothing, total cpn length 7'. I entered the enter ext (1417099) because we have over 1000 ext's in that '141' range and only wanted this to apply to my ext. I logged out of my phone...logged back in and still don't see my buttons. Would a traceSM help in anyway?

yes it would! you can trace SIP and PPM. PPM is on https port 443 and has specific configs for your phone.

Think of it this way - in proprietary TDM/H323/Unistim/whatever, you passed proprietary configuration elements. SIP doesn't support "send me my keys and how they're supposed to work" - that's PPM in Avaya SIP. A PPM trace would actually show you a message with every key number and programming being sent from SM to your phone and could potentially be very helpful!

Also, in SMGR, check "inventory" and "sync" for CM and make sure that's working - that's the basis by which your CM key programming is acquired by SMGR to send to SM to have SM make the PPM to pitch to your phone.

Look in the ReadMe file for the 9611G software. It has links to two good "Implementing SIP" guides and a dial plan guide.

thanks guys for all the help/direction here...I am going to see about doing some PPM tracing as I checked the Inventory/Sync and it's running good (Successful). So how do you do the traceSM for PPM? Is it thru the SM100 like regular tracing?

I'm reading the documentation now on 'Implementing SIP'...good stuff!

Thanks guys!

ssh to the management interface of SM, traceSM, and when you hit s to start, you pick what things to trace - SIP, call processing, ppm, and in r7 TLS handshaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back