Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CM 10.0 SIP Caller ID blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN94z

Technical User
Apr 15, 2010
US
We have release 10 on all of our servers and we are a SIP environment. We have IS engineers that frequently call users to work issues that they have reported. The engineers are wanting to mask their number from being sent because the users are beginning to call them back directly instead of the correct channels via the Help Desk. I have searched and read about various solutions like Client room (did not work)and building a bridged line appearance for these users to call from instead of their personal DN.

I just want to make sure I have not missed anything. Is there a way to block/mask their extension number on internal calls in a SIP environment on the new release of Avaya servers?

Have you tried using a COR? On pg 3, try stroking the station's COR to 'Mask CPN/NAME for Internal Calls?' = 'y'.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects.

So you don’t have anything configured in your public unknown table? Instead of outpulsing their DID out pulse the main number.

@JefferP,
Yes, we have. After speaking with our engineer, he states neither him/nor tech support has been able to accomplish this with SIP. He said H323 is easy, but they just cannot get SIP to mask it. We can mask both and have anonymous/anonymous, but we cannot send just the name and only block the phone number, which is what the customer was asking for. I ended up just creating a phantom number and configuring it on the specific phones. The users will now just call their clients from this number. If the clients call this number back, I have it set to go to the Help Desk VDN via a coverage path.

@avayaguy23,
This is for internal only. Yes, we use the public unknown table for outgoing external caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back