Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya CLAN Issues (TN799DP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

olsoth

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2009
US
Hi,

Several weeks ago we started having quirky problems with our CLAN board. Folks were not able to softphone into our phone system using that particular board and IP address. I confirmed the IP address was working by pinging and getting a successful response. After calling Avaya, they recommending updating the firmware, which we did. Still no resolution. Board was also reseated several times. After telling them this, we asked that the board be replaced. I've replaced this morning and cleared all errors and alarms on the board. Hardware release on old board is 0 while new is 13. Firmware on old board was 38, new is 37. After replacing I can successfully ping address. Now no one is able to use this CLAN to use IP softphone application. Any suggestions recommendations? Is there something I'm missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm stumped.

Can you use the C-LAN board to access the PBX via ASA? Try doing 'get ethernet [slot]' to verify the port speed & duplex settings.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back