Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA Certs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I see AVAYA changed the certification programs. Is anyone currently doing the certs now? Curious if I can jump right to the ACIS program as I'm not interesting in the sales piece.

I've done some of the ACIS and ACSS. You don't have to have the sales certs. I don't have any Sales Certs.

There are alot of categories in the ACIS.. do you pick one path such as 5.2.1 and get certified in that specific or do you have to do all categories?

You can just pick one, there is no certain path. I justed passed the exam for ACIS CM and CMM R6 today, no previous sales certs needed.

what did you pay overall to do the whole thing if you don't mind me asking?

It was $2600 for the virtual class and $125 for the exam.

Are the virtual classes live at a specific time or is it like a pre-recorded session you can pause and come back to at anytime?

Its live, they send you a link to connect, and then set us up with a connection to a server with Avaya site administrator to do the labs.

Hello mojoputter,

What courses where included for the price of $2600 you paid? do you know the codes of the courses? Thanks!

ACIS - Avaya Aura® Communication Manager and CM Messaging – Embedded (R6.x) (ACIS - 6002) is the module I selected.

and this is the virtual class number that I took.....ATI02348VEN, then the final exam number was 6002

Yea, but for the actual cert you can't just take the 1 class can you? I thought there were other classes you had to take under than umbrella to satisfy the credential.

I would do the sales(APSS) and the design (APDS) as well , true there is no requirement but it will give you a good idea of the building of the systems and prepare you well for your ACIS , i have just passed my ACIS (ACibIS - Avaya Aura® Communication Manager and CM Messaging – Embedded (R6.x) (ACIS - 6002) and am working towards ACSS , but you do need to select a path and stick to it i find the best way is start with the sales , then the design and then the installation as this way by the time you get to the installation , you are familiar with all aspects of the system capabilities / build and have a good feel for what the format regarding questions is like.

There is an awful lot of reading up if you take all three proccess on , but it really is worth it in the end.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Hi
I am planning to take the Avaya Cert 6002 exam and wondering if anyone has used any prep tests such as CertKing or Pass4Sure. Which was the most helpful. Thanks

Hello Avaya people. I need help on this.

I have an incoming training this Dec. 3-7, 2012 in ACIS media servers and gateway implementation workshop. It's my first time taking AVAYA certification. I would like to ask If there is a prep test module or simulation like CertKing and Pass Any Time. So, I can familiarize with the question and answer. Thanks in advanced.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back