Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya certifications 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey62

MIS
Jul 16, 2002
US
Does Lucent/Avaya offer certifications for the Definity G3,,switch? If they do is it a single certification for ex> Basic Administration or Intermediate etc...? Do you get a piece of paper showing you have completed the certification on a particular switch. I know some job opps out there require certifications before applying. Any help is a big Thanks!

I'm not sure it counts as a certification but I took a Definity Basic Administrator Training class in Altamonte Springs FL from Lucent (it's now called summaria networks). The course code is BTC158H.

I do have a certificate from completion of the course.

Check out

I took the DSA Basic Admin on CDROM and at the end of the test, it shows you your score, if you have 80% or higher you passed, I did not receive anything from Avaya once I completed the course. It will tell you to print out that final page that shows if you pass and what questions you missed if any. Hope it helps. I do not know if the actual classroom give you the paper.

lftpwr

Avaya offer a certification scheme via the VUE system. It costs £80 per test, and you have to attend a VUE testing station ( There are 4 exams, basic 1, basic 2, Advanced, and Design and Config. You need 70% to pass, and Avaya send you a certificate. Potential employers can also check you out via VUE.
Hope this helps.
Nick.

Speak softly and carry a big switch.

Can You tell me the Books for these courses.

thanks
Nagesh

Hi,
There are no books as such. The Basic 1 exam revolves around Definity csi, Basic 2 is for si, and Advanced is G3r.
If you have access to the CD ROMs for the switches you will find all you need to learn in them. I warn you though, they are very broad based, and you need to know lorry loads of stuff, from basic installation proceedures, through programming to terminal types, with a bit of basic telephony thrown in. I would suggest that you register with VUE ( it's free to register ) ( ) find your nearest centre and try one out, for the sake of the £80 it costs you'll know exactly what your up against. I have done all 4.
P.S. If you are an Avaya Business Partner, you have to retake them every 2 years to keep up your certification.
Good Luck!
Nick.

Speak softly and carry a big switch.

Do you have a last name Nick?
Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

I do Brandaris, would it be rude to ask if you have one too?

No, it isn't. Perhaps I know you.

Before we go on, are located in England? Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Yes I am in the UK, buzz me at 07778 666883

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back