Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Call Center skills-based routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgogan13

Technical User
Apr 30, 2014
US
Hi,

We have Avaya Aura CM 6.3 with Avaya Elite Call Center embedded (not Contact Center). We use skills-based routing and are seeing strange behavior that I don't believe should be happening.

We have agents skilled to multiple skills at different skill levels. For simplicity let's say they have 2 skills, skill 10 at SL 1 and skill 20 at SL2. If everyone is busy, and there is a call waiting for skill 20, and later a call comes in for skill 10 should the skill 10 call jump the queue when an agent becomes availalbe, getting answered before the skill 20 call that has been waiting longer? Calls are queued at the same priority, Medium

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ciara

No, if you want one to get answer before the other, the you need to queue one at high, and the other at medium.
Think of the Agent Skill level as it own queue. but is affect by the agent in the queue. So if two agent are available then the call will go to the one with the lower skill level. (or the higher one, i forgets which ways that goes).

I don’t want to have calls jump the queue, the call that has been waiting longest should be answered first, so I shouldn’t need to re-prioritize the calls.

To my understanding, skill level determines which agent gets the call within a skill, priority determines what call gets answered first. So if two calls are waiting at the same priority level, the oldest call should be answered first by the next available agent, regardless of that agents skill level (if they are the only one available)

I’m pretty sure there’s a setting that tells the system to regard all of the agents skills collectively but I can’t find it.

We are using EAS. The skills in questions are set up as EAD-LOA, and I don't beleive any of the settings we have should cause a call to jump the queue. Our Call Selection Measurement in CM is current-wait-time.

Per the link I put in up there "Expert Agent Distribution (EAD), used only with Expert Agent Selection (EAS), selects the “most idle” agent or the “least occupied” agent with the highest skill level for the call’s skill".

So in your example above if you are the only available agent and you have hunt 10 as SL1 and hunt 20 as SL2 the system WILL bounce the hunt 10 call to you and will keep the hunt 20 call in queue.

If you don't want it to do that you should probably use a flatter selection for the group type. Maybe a DDC would be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back