Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya B179 Conference Phone and Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyphones

Technical User
Jan 14, 2014
CA
Hi,

We have this Avaya B179 in our boardrooms. We cannot hear any paging on this phone. Any ideas as how to fix this?

P.S.: This phone number is also part of the hunt group for paging too. We have I.P office.

it is a SIP phone
no way you can page through it

only way to get paging in that room is to add another phone

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

R9.1 seems to be alle to page to SIP extensions
IPO 9.1 product update said:
5.5.3 Enable SIP 3rd party endpoints to be member of Page Groups
External speakers or amplifiers may be integrated with IP Office telephone page zones. This feature will enable IP Office to be the core of a paging solution displacing external paging solutions. An example would be schools where a page may be sent to several classroom phones simultaneously ....

Indeed. There is no standard method to tell a SIP phone that the call is a page call and standard way for SIP phones to indicate to systems that they can or cannot auto-answer (SIP is a telephony standard developed by idiots who knew a lot about computers and shockingly little about telephones). But in 9.1 you can select from 3 of the most common methods to see if any one works with your particular SIP phone (however the default is off).

I haven't had a chance to play with it. It would be sad if Avaya haven't made it auto-detect the appropriate method when it's one of their own phones.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back