Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya B169 Conference Phone - conference problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolzplatzk1nd

Technical User
Oct 17, 2014
DE
Hi All,

We connect the Conference Phone with DECT R4(7.2.24) to IP Office(9.1.9).
All works fine, but I cant setting up a Conference.
I call the first one, call the second one, and than when I push the Conference Button, the first one still here the waiting music.
It doesn't bring both Calls together.

Does anyone have similar problems and an idea to solve this Problem???

Thanks!

This old chestnut....

It's a "conference" phone as it's designed to sit on a conference table surrounded by many people. It is not designed to launch multi line/party ad-hoc conferences with ease. The conference button is there as it can be manually programmed to do so, but it's not by default. It can connect to any system not just the IPO and they all work differently in regards to conferencing, hence the lack of functioning.

Think of it as an analogue phone (that's effectively how they work) and you need to conference extra lines/handsets in in the same way, i.e using the system short codes :)

You can add a conference group with the B169, I've never done it but I know its possible. Google Avaya B169 user giude

Trying is the first step towards failure. --Homer Simpson

Or just press the conference button and *47 when you are ready to join everyone together and it will bring everyone together on the phone.

You've got 2 of the same answers twice, thats what I call customer service

Trying is the first step towards failure. --Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back