Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya AVPP SVP100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthomp

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2022
US
So, long story short, we purchased a brand new in box SpectraLink SVP100, literally had to cut it out of the factory plastic where it should have stayed. Anyways.
So our current system has 30 Avaya 3641 phones, we have a Avaya AVPP SVP020 so we ran out of phones that can be concurrently operated, obvi.... My boss purchased the SpectraLink SVP100, which cannot operate on the same network, so in testing I put it on a separate network in hopes of just testing to make sure everything works before I move it over to the production phone network. I have the phone and the AVPP on the same network, I can ping both, but the phone keeps giving me a no avpp response, I have made sure all the wifi settings are correct, I have tried to look through all the instructions I can find, I know this sh*t is old so I figured there would be more documentation around, seems like its so old even the internet has tried to forget it. Will the Avaya 3641 phones not communicate with a SpectraLink? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Vintage

I think you might have the wrong forum. I believe the 3641 is an Aura phone and this is the IP Office forum. I would try the aura forum to see if they can assist (I not be able to help with aura I know that).

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The 3641 (and 3645) were supported on IP Office using an AVPP (Avaya rebranded SVPP). There still even a configuration entry in the system for the AVPP address.

I suspect that Avaya kit won't talk to an SVPP. At the time they were sold as new, that would have allowed SVPP units to undercut Avaya's own AVPP units. So there's probably an identifier somewhere in the IP Office to AVPP connection. But I am guessing.

The 3600 Series phones were also supported without needing an AVPP - it required the wifi base stations to do the QoS.

Personally, wifi was never worth the pain, DECT just works so much better.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks for the clarification I was not aware of this.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Ill 2nd the advice that DECT was & is a far more robust solution that trying to get wifi handsets to work

Spectra-link handsets are going to need a 3rd party endpoint licence @ the bare minimum top operate.

Lesson for your boss, CHECK suitability with your maintainer before committing to a purchase decision (ideally purchase from your maintainer as they will be intimate with your system configuration & needs)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back