Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Auto Attendent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyod_Broh

Programmer
Nov 18, 2022
US
Hey yall,
Im missing something and was hoping for help because its probably simple. I changed my call routing to go to reception and then secondary AA. I want it to ring my receptionist 4 time before going to AA. It is now ringing four times and then going to her voicemail instead of going to AA. What am I missing?!
Thanks for the help!

You could help by saying how you are routing to the the receptionist and then from the receptionist to the AA. And the version of IP Office software.

But the usual recommendation is to route to a group that contains the receptionists, and set the groups fallback to go to the auto-attendant. Or to do it all in a Voicemail Pro callflow that tries a supervised transfer to the receptionists and then goes to an attendant callflow. But even that tells you that what you want can be done in several ways so you need to say which you are trying.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

also is it VmPro or embedded

embedded
don't ring the reception directly but via a group where reception is a member
overflow that group to another, sequential, group with a single user in the group
forward that user in the overflow group to a shortcode that points to the auto attendant

VmPro
go to the leave point of the reception and point it to the auto attendant module

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back