Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Aura Messaging - Does it have an interface like CallPilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletech77

Technical User
Jan 10, 2008
BM
Good Day,

Been awhile since I've posted anything here due to job change and went from Nortel CS1k and Avaya IP Office to Avaya Aura Communication Manager and still getting used to the differences.

Question, does the Aura Messaging have a GUI interface like CallPilot or is everything controlled via Communication Manager via the CLI using Vectors? If using Vectors, is it possible to move to a GUI version and allow Aura Messaging to control AA?

Communication Manager 6.2
Aura Messaging 6.3

AAM does have GUI's to use but this is a different breed for a voicemail system than the CallPilot platform. The AAM platform requires an application server and a message storage server connected by a Axc connector. Depending on how it is configured you might find both of these on one physical server, 2 different physical servers, on multiple servers and multiples of each type of server, etc.

You should study up on it using the guides available at support.avaya.com and the videos available at YouTube before doing much in AAM. Things are not very intuitive in the GUI's once you get past administering users.

Thanks Wanebo,

I pretty much guessed why my vendor was hesitant to give me a response.

AAM has something called Caller Applications. Nowhere near what you're used to with CallPilot Application Builder, but it's something.

Oh yeah, Kyle is right. I forgot about Caller Applications. It really is a different beast than Application Builder. In some ways easier, in some more difficult. Again, it's not very intuitive the first few times you use it and I think most folks just simply use vectors instead of Caller Apps.

Caller applications overview
Caller applications enhance the TUI with custom menus and prompts that guide callers to the appropriate recipient. A caller application contains all custom menus and prompts associated with a unique mailbox.
When you create a caller application, you associate the caller application with a site. The storage server for that site deploys the caller application to each application server in the cluster. You can use the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to import and export caller applications as XML data to other storage servers in a multisite environment.
Because Messaging stores each caller application as an LDAP Contact in a central mailbox, the system backs up caller applications each time that you back up the message store.
Caller Application contains three types of information:
Application management data
Application structure
Application prompts
Application prompts occupy the largest amount of space.
The maximum size of a Caller Application must be equal to or higher than the amount of space that the application prompts occupy.

Important

Caller applications require all servers to run the same Messaging release. Running different Messaging releases in servers might affect the functioning of some features.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Yes it is a COS Drop down. Similar prompts but some are different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back