Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ASA Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

busydisconnect

Technical User
Dec 3, 2007
US
S8720 3.1

Does anyone have any information, docs or advice in reagarding exporting data from a S87XX to a Company Active Directory using Avaya Site Administrator (ASA)

I am not sure what info ASA is wanting when asking for Base: or DN: info.

I am exporting user names and extensions from our Swith to our Company LDAP directory.

THANKS

Playing around in the help section in the ASA window this is what I have found.

Exporting unused port data

You can create a file listing unused ports, and that file can be exported to another application, such as a spreadsheet program.

1 From the Unused Ports screen, click Export.

2 Specify the export settings:

For this value Do this
Export File View the path and name of the exported file. To change it, click and complete the browse screens to specify the path. If you want to export your file to a spreadsheet like Microsoft® Excel, then name the file with a ".csv" extension. This indicates that the file contains comma-separated values.
Field delimiter Click the down arrow and select a delimiter from the list. This is a symbol used in the file to indicate separation between different fields. If you are exporting for Microsoft® Excel, and the fields contain the comma character, then use a comma character as the Field Delimiter and double-quote characters as the Text Qualifier.
Text qualifier Click the down arrow and select a qualifier from the list. This symbol surrounds each field so that when you open the file in a spreadsheet, the spreadsheet will know where a field starts and ends even if the field contains characters like commas.
3 Do you want to show the column titles of the data on the first row of the file?

· If yes, click Export column titles on first row so there is a checkmark.
· If no, leave the box unchecked.

4 Click OK.
5 At the confirmation screen, click OK.

Also another way that may even be easier is a program called Untilcall.
This is very easy to use and download information from your servers. You may want to look into it. It paid for itself for me within the first week. It also has a free 10 day trial.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Export Data - LDAP format screen
[tt]
Field Description
Host The host name or IP address that contains the LDAP directory.
Port The IP port number to connect to. This is usually 389 for LDAP.
Login The login to access the LDAP directory.
Password The password to access the LDAP directory.
Base The LDAP specification of the root level where entries will be added.
Each directory name will be added at this point in your directory.
DN The LDAP directory name where key entries will be entered.[/tt]

Susan
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
- Anatole France

I have set up a active director test account and will use the info you all provided..THANKS

Mikeydidit- I also requested info from the company your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back