Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Announcement Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtsoi

Technical User
Apr 28, 2015
US
I am having an issue with Announcement Boards.

All the announcements I recorded on one board seemed to have disappeared (no backup). When I dial the annce directly, I get a busy signal. When dialing the VDN, i get disconnected immediately. When dialing the FAC to record the annce, I get reorder.

I thought it was a bad board and replaced it but it didn't resolve. I thought maybe it was a bad slot but the CM still recognizes the board and shows all my announcements still in there but Time Remaining and Size are all 0. The board was nowhere near capacity before this.

Second issue, I moved the original board from above to a new slot and it works and I can record announcements and everything.

However, there are times when I call it through the VDN and I get dead air and disconnect. If I call back immediately, it works.

This seems to happen when I dial early in the morning or late at night so I'm thinking could the board be inactive for a long time and just won't respond till someone calls once?

Also, this new slot recognizes the board but, under list integrated-annc-boards the time remaining doesn't change and the size is still 0 even though I have several announcements recorded.

Using list configuration all, the board shows all ports as "u".

Hi,

I guess the issue you have here is that you are not getting a DSP assigned.

If you have enough access to the system, try doing a trace on the station when you dial the announcement directly/VDN when you are successful & unsuccessful. You might get a clue as to whether the DSP is getting assigned or not. The announcement is stored on the VAL board and you need a DSP to hear them if you are using the IP Phone.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back