Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Administrator but now Mitel Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiw

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
US
I would like to know if anyone who currently administered Mitel has admininstered Avaya brand in the past? How difficult was it to make the transition and did you have formal training or able to train yourself?

Thanks.

I had to make this switch.. It's not an easy one at all!

Well I take that back.. If you are dealing with a 5000, it is similar. However the 3300 is wackadoodle, comparatively. My company is close to sending me to training for it. I'll be glad once I get it.

wackadoodle[rofl]

Once you get a handle on the terminolgy you'll be able to make good use of the help files. They are reasonably well constructed, cross referenced, and searchable. Not so much if you don't know what your looking for but anyone with a grasp of Avaya should do OK.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@markpuckett - Really? 1 post in all of Tek-Tips and you come out name calling? I can't argue with you though. Mitel has "Improved" the interface to the point of uselessness. It used to be context/task oriented, now you pretty much need to know what you're doing to get by.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Aye! it may be 1 post, but hey, I recently had to deal with what georgiw is/was going to. Check my 2nd post. I hope it helps ;)

Depends on what Mitel you've worked with compared to what Avaya you'll be working on. Mitel 5000 to Avaya IP Office will be easy for you. Or at least it was for me when going from IPO to 5000. Can't really compare the 3300 to a Definity with programming being so different...that'll be tough if that's the route you're going. Really depends...

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back