Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Addon and/or CMS HTML python update

Darkseid3000

Systems Engineer
Apr 4, 2024
US
CMS Version 21
Question 1:

Is there an add-on or tool for Avaya CMS that can display the same data as CMS Supervisor, but in a more visually appealing way for the entire call center? Our call center management is looking for a solution that presents the same key metrics in a format that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Can real-time connector be any benefit? I already understand that real-time data doesn't get put into the IBM informix database the CMS uses. (why oh why informix) The database is just for historical data. I know Avaya does a good job of keeping the real-time data hidden, but they don't make it clear what software package we need to add to CMS to get pretty pages like the one in the next post.

Question 2:

I've been using a PowerShell script to update a CSV file every 10 seconds, which then gets moved to SQL and processed by ColdFusion to create an HTML file for display. However, the script tends to fail every few days, requiring manual intervention to restart.

Since CMS Supervisor can output to an HTML file directly, I'd prefer to streamline the process by eliminating the CSV, SQL, and ColdFusion steps. I have a fresh server with CMS Supervisor and Python installed, and I’m looking for a simple Python script that can continuously update an HTML file and place it in a directory accessible via Teams or SharePoint. The file will be accessed by around 30 people on a closed network.

I’m open to other suggestions but need a solution that runs reliably without requiring frequent manual intervention, so I can confidently take a vacation or transition to a new role without worrying about the system failing.

Is there anything wrong with CMS Web Supervisor that doesn't give you what you need?

No issue with Web Supervisor, just that no one wants to use it.

"Is there an add-on or tool for Avaya CMS that can display the same data as CMS Supervisor, but in a more visually appealing way for the entire call center?"

Yes, "just that no one wants to use it."

:)

They've got Clint for real time stuff that I believe you need a license to use that can do a bit more you can look into.

I am using clintSVR and have the dashboards on Grafana.

Avaya Desktop Wallboard wasn't horrible but our users stopped running it so we got rid of it.
nFocus by NetLert was pretty slick and we used it for wallboards in call centers.

Not sure of pricing for either but might be worth looking at.

CMS Version 21
Question 1:

Is there an add-on or tool for Avaya CMS that can display the same data as CMS Supervisor, but in a more visually appealing way for the entire call center? Our call center management is looking for a solution that presents the same key metrics in a format that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Can real-time connector be any benefit? I already understand that real-time data doesn't get put into the IBM informix database the CMS uses. (why oh why informix) The database is just for historical data. I know Avaya does a good job of keeping the real-time data hidden, but they don't make it clear what software package we need to add to CMS to get pretty pages like the one in the next post.

Question 2:

I've been using a PowerShell script to update a CSV file every 10 seconds, which then gets moved to SQL and processed by ColdFusion to create an HTML file for display. However, the script tends to fail every few days, requiring manual intervention to restart.

Since CMS Supervisor can output to an HTML file directly, I'd prefer to streamline the process by eliminating the CSV, SQL, and ColdFusion steps. I have a fresh server with CMS Supervisor and Python installed, and I’m looking for a simple Python script that can continuously update an HTML file and place it in a directory accessible via Teams or SharePoint. The file will be accessed by around 30 people on a closed network.

I’m open to other suggestions but need a solution that runs reliably without requiring frequent manual intervention, so I can confidently take a vacation or transition to a new role without worrying about the system failing.
Did you ever get this working?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back