Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya 9608 to cisco port no mac address

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggizod

Technical User
Aug 21, 2012
US
HI guys. I am having weird issue when ip phone is connected to cisco 2960 port with static ip settings on the phone didn't connect to call server , when I checked the port on switch it shows up-connected but i don't see mac address of the phone . When i connect my laptop i see mac of my laptop to that port no problem to connect to network. I toned out cable between switch and phone pin by pin no any problem on it, I swapped the port , changed cables already. Also my laptop is connected to avaya phone has no problem . On the screen I see discover and ip of my call server . Do you have any ideas what is going on? What else I can run to check ?
Thank you

is the phone powering up, and if so, what is displaying on the phone screen?

Is there a voice vlan configured on the Cisco port ?

thank you guys. Issue was resolved after I add "switchport voice vlan 1" on the port and no another vlan is programmed on that port . I know it's bad but right now both voice and data is running trough the same vlan 1 at that site. It's old infrastructure still don't have a time to fix on some of the sites because of new projects coming every day ...
But anyway nothing except that phone was connected, only vlan 1 is there and IPO500 is sitting on that vlan (on different switch), I could pint IPO500 and tracert from my pc with the same ip settings from the same port , tracert shows only 1 hop. But phone was showing discover IP of IPO500 till I programmed "switchport voice vlan 1 " and then after i programmed that it registered right away .
May be I am missing something but when I connected phone in the beginning it was in the vlan 1 but could not discover IPO500, also i tried to change vlan number to 1 on the phone settings could not discover anyway ... and only "switchport voice vlan 1 " fixed this issue .
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back