Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 9608/9408 Receptionist phones 'ON HOLD " issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregoriusMax

Technical User
Jan 18, 2021
US
I read this thread: thread690-1759334, about putting calls on hold with these Avaya phones, but didn't get any answer to my problem ... Here it is: We have a Doctor's clinic with a main line X8000. They have 4 receptionists answering calls all day, 3 for the main number, X8000, and 1 for a new doctor about to join their clinic, but wanted his own personal number, let's say X7000. So, it was requested that we have bridged appearances on all 4 phones for the main line, PLUS the new doctors' line. So, on 3 of the phones, on the first phone I put Call Appr X8000, for buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, then on the other 2 phones I put Brdg Appr for buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 for X8000. On the 4th phone, the new doctor's receptionist, I put Call Appr for X7000 on buttons 1,2,3,4, and bridged appr for the main line, X8000, since she is to be able to answer the first clinic's calls as well! Also, on each of their phones are 2 Button Modules, ( SBM 24). Ok, that seems to work ok, EXCEPT... when a call is placed on HOLD, they can't remember which call appearance they put on HOLD, and they are having an issue FINDING the call they put on hold! So, is there a solution that we can use , change phone models, etc, or are they going to have to just remember where they put the call? They recently converted from a Key System which was maxed out, and they got used to that functionality..... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back