Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 9600 IP phones MESSAGE button

Status
Not open for further replies.

audra87

Programmer
Dec 15, 2005
US
Hi, i was having issues with one of our users pressing the message button on phone and going directly to her greeting (to leave her a message) instead of allowing her to listen to her messages.
so i looked at the FAC that was on display and saw it was the Auto Alternate Routing code in front of the vm extension.
Is this corret?
Anyway, i removed the code and added back to the FAC page and now EVERYONE's mailbox is doing the same thing.
You have to dial the vm directly because pressing the message button puts you through to your recorded greeting, telling you to leave a message for yourself.
HELP, when i removed this FAC, did i remove other programming somewhere?

i think you can adjust this in the 46xxsettings.txt file. you may want to check that out.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

What you described happening before you removed this FAC is the same affect as if this users station is not set up in Public-Unknown to send her station value to the trunks that go to the voice mail system or if you are on SIP the entries are not defined properly in session manager for this station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back