Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya 9600/1600 series IP sets rebooting during power fluctuation while the ERS is on UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectrumTech

Technical User
Jan 3, 2006
CA
Hi guys,

I'm having problem with my 9600/1600 series IP sets connected to an IP office v8.0(44) and ERS 4550 PoE switch(both connected to a UPS).

The phones are rebooting(the LCD goes blank then perform the discovery process) during AC power fluctuation. The IP office and the ERS switch did not reboot, only the sets.

It seems the switch or the phones are sensitive to power fluctuation.

I tried another cheap PoE switch and connect to the UPS as well and I have don't have any problem.

I need your input guys.

Thank you.

I would suggest the switch is at fault/a bit touchy from your testing..... but a good UPS should provide an almost seemless transition to battery and back, that's what they are for :)

Thanks for the reply. But i encountered this problem in other installation. It seems an Avaya ERS or IP set issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back